Math: We are working on counting by 5s. Most of the kids have been able to count by 5s to 100 for me so far! We also need to be able to count to 100 by ones and tens before the end of the year. Our current goal for counting by ones is 75. Here is a song from youtube we have been singing to help us learn to count by 5s. The kids love it!
Reading: We read an informational text last week about Antarctica and did some writing to respond to the reading - they did a fantastic job writing about what they might see in Antarctica! This week we are starting a transportation unit and are looking at realistic and make believe elements of stories. We are also learning to write questions.
Social Studies: We have been working maps for a couple weeks. Last week, they drew the state of Ohio and wrote the sentence "I live in the state of Ohio." We are finishing up maps this week by looking at the world and globes.
We will also be talking about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in honor of President's Day this week.
- Valentine's Day Celebration is Friday, February 15 - Please send your child's cards and box on Friday. Please do not send large treats for the class.
- President's Day: No School Monday, February 18
- Spring Pictures: Thursday, February 21 - more information will come home soon
- Yearbook Orders Due Friday, February 22
- Tissues - with all the colds and sniffles lately, we are running a little low!
- Play Doh - we use this during inside recess, and some is starting to dry out