In Social Studies, we have been learning about community helpers. We talked about police officers, firefighters, and teachers. They brought home a book today that they wrote last week. They wrote a sentence about each one of these and drew a picture. This week, we are continuing to talk about community helpers. We are doing a class research project on mail carriers. We answered 4 questions today, and have just one left to answer tomorrow.
In Reading, we talked about Main Idea and continued with our transportation unit. This is our last week about transportation, and our sight words are where, come, and how. We are working on letters y and q, and these are the last letters we haven't covered!
In Math, we have been working quite a bit with tangrams to use smaller shapes to compose a larger shape.
- Thursday, March 21 - Illustrator Jeff Ebbler will be visiting our school. There is a parent night with him at Union School at 6:30.
- Wednesday, March 22 - Scholastic Book Orders Due (online orders use LDH7X)
- Thursday, March 28 - Quarter Ends
- Friday, March 29 and Monday, April 1 - No School for Spring Break
- Baby Wipes - for centers
- Play Doh - for inside recess
- Tissues - The sniffles won't stop!
:) Miss McPheron