Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Flag Projects

This week, we are learning the Pledge of Allegiance and talking about the American flag.

Please help your child create his own flag at home to represent him. Have your child think of symbols that represent him. You may want to use traced hands, photos, drawings, favorite colors, sports symbols or pictures of family and pets.

You will see a small half sheet come home in the folders today to use to create the flag. We will display the flags in our classroom for about a week, then I will send them home.

Here is a sample of what a flag about me would look like. The yarn is because I knit and crochet, the pie is because I love to bake, and the penguin is my favorite animal. I also used the colors I like to create the M for my name and included a picture of my family as well as an apple for teaching.
Please return this project by Friday. You may send it in sooner and I will hang on to it. Thanks!

:) Miss McPheron

No comments:

Post a Comment