We created brace maps for the flag. We drew each part of the flag, then showed all the parts together. These are hanging in the hallway at school and will come home in a couple weeks.
In reading, our comprehension skill this week was setting. We learned that setting is when and where a story happens. Good readers need to be able to identify settings as they read along with characters, like we worked on last week. We read Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late by Mo Willems this week, and the kids drew a setting for the pigeon.
On Monday and Wednesday this week, we will be giving the i-Ready Assessments for Reading and Math. These assessments are computer based and will be given 3 times a year. All students in Upper Sandusky K-5 are using this assessment. This assessment will give us a base line to know where your child is starting. We are hoping to see growth by the end of the year.
Our sight words next week are the, little, and and.
- Wednesday, September 11 - Book Orders Due (Please send in folder or order using the link on the right side of the blog)
- Wednesday, September 11 and Tuesday, September 17 - Wear red, white, and blue for Patriot's Day (September 11) and Constitution Day (September 17)
- Thursday, September 12 - No School, Teacher Inservice
- Friday, September 13 - No School, Fair Day
- Please send in a pair of headphones or earbuds that your child is comfortable wearing for use with Chrome Books and iPads
- Any notes you send in for me need to be in your child's folder. I check the folders every morning, so I will see them.
- Please let me know if there are transportation changes for how your child goes home.
- Your child may have brought home a prize coupon this week. Thank you for sending the coupon back in the next day with the item. I have 10 different prizes they will choose from throughout the year for good behavior. Each day, they get points for the color they end on, and when they get 35 points, they choose a prize.
:) Miss McPheron