In Reading this week, we read Nature Spy and learned about what we can observe in nature if we look closely. We wrote about what we see in nature and learned some new vocabulary words. We also learned about proper nouns and used our names as examples. We are reading more regularly now that we have mastered more sounds. We started reading with partners this week.
In Science, we worked on living and nonliving things. We learned that living things breathe, move, grow and change, need food and water, and can make more like themselves. We wrote a class book about living and nonliving items. Each student wrote a page and we will assemble it and enjoy it in our class library throughout the year!
Next week, we are working on the letter P and our new sight words are we, my, like and or. We are working on main idea and words to describe. In math, we will continue working on numbers beyond 10 and identifying numbers all the way up to 100! In Science, we are starting our pumpkin study.
- Monday, October 21: Scholastic Book Fair Starts - if you send money in your child's folder, please label it so I know what it is for. They will be able to shop during lunch. If you want to shop with your child, you can come in after school or plan to shop at the Halloween party.
- Wednesday, October 23: School Pictures - send your order forms in by Wednesday
- Thursday, October 24: Halloween Party 7 PM - Meet in the gym, all of kindergarten will gather and go on the stage in their costumes.
- Wednesday, October 30: Grade Cards Come Home
- Please send in boxtops and soup labels for our school contest
- Please return Parent Teacher Conference papers as soon as you can - please know that times are going to be given on a first come, first serve basis
:) Miss McPheron