We learned about the president, and the kids wrote a sentence about what a president does. On Tuesday, we read 2 different stories - Grace for President and Duck for President. The kids got to vote for their favorite. Grace won! On Wednesday, we voted for our favorite snack - after we tried both, of course! Chips won soundly over popcorn. You should have seen a recording sheet come home in their folders that we did with that.
We also started learning about Veteran's Day and talking about what soldiers do. We did a Give Me Three activity where we chose words from our brainstorming and learning that made sense with the category.
Next week, our letters are B and N. Our sight words are with, me, she, and all. In math, we are working on breaking numbers down into pairs. This is called decomposing a number. That means we look at the number 4 and say we can make that with 3 and 1, 2 and 2, and 1 and 3. It is a brand new concept, but they are getting the hang of it! You will have a math homework sheet come home on Monday that looks at this concept as well.
- Wednesday, November 13 - Scholastic Book Orders Due
- Wednesday, November 13 - Early Release, 1:30
- Monday, November 25-Tuesday, November 26 - No School, Parent Teacher Conferences (If you have not returned your form, please do so as soon as you can!)
- Wednesday, November 27-Friday, November 29 - No School, Thanksgiving Break
- Send in any boxtops you have. Currently, our class is winning! Keep up the great work!
- We are outside about 45 minutes a day for recess. If the temperature is less than 60, students need to have a coat. We go outside as long as it is not raining and the windchill is more than 20.
:) Miss McPheron