In math, we started subtraction. We read Five Little Ducks by Raffi and used cubes to model subtraction story. On Tuesday, we sang 5 Little Monkeys, and used monkeys to show subtraction stories. We also used counters and white boards to practice writing number sentences. We took a quiz on Friday, and they are catching on! We will continue working on subtraction all week. I am hoping we will take a test on Friday.
We read the book Me on the Map, and made a foldable to go with the book. The book starts with a girl's room, and expands to her house, street, city, state, and on to the world. We made a foldable with a picture of us, our house, Ohio, the United States and North America.
- Monday, January 20 - No School, MLK Jr. Day
- Wednesday, January 22 - Grade Cards come home - please keep grade card, sign the envelope, and return the envelope by Friday
- Thursday, January 23 - Book Orders Due - you can use the link at the top right side of the blog for easy ordering
- We try to go outside for recess when the wind chill is above 20. Please make sure you send appropriate clothing for your child for 45 minutes outside for recess! They need snow boots if they want to be able to go out in the snow.
- East has installed our new security system. If your child is late or you need to come in to school at any point during the day, you will need to push the button. Mrs. Beach will be able to let you in remotely and then you will need to go to the office. This is for the safety of your children.