We took our Diagnostic tests on i-Ready for both Math and Reading this week. I am so pleased with the growth we have made! I will be sharing the results with you soon.
Math: We took a quiz on subtraction and we are ready to move on to some geometry next week. We are going to start with two-dimensional shapes. We will be using vocabulary like vertex, sides, and two-dimensional.
Reading: We started working with consonant blends this week, and we will continue to work with blends next week as well. You will see these words with 4 sounds in some of the books that are in reading bags.
E-Learning/Blizzard Bags: The next time we cancel school, Mr. Eaglowski will use an e-learning day to allow us to not need to make up that missed day. Materials for our e-learning day are already located behind the sight words in your orange folder. The link is also available on the right side of our classroom blog. Please do not complete any of these activities until the e-learning day is called. Participation is mandatory, as it counts as an unexcused absence if you do not do the assignment. Students have 10 days to complete the assignment, but it is best to bring it to school the next day. You may have looked at the assignment page, and you will see it is all review and good skills to do with your child regularly.
- Monday, February 3 - Title 1 Night at Upper Sandusky Community Library 6:30-7:45
- February 10-14 - Right to Read Week (Handouts will come home next week)
- February 12 - Early Release 1:35
- February 14 - Valentine's Day Party - Class lists and party information should come home on Monday
- February 17 - No School, President's Day
- February 20 - Spring Pictures
- Send in any boxtops or Campbells Soup Labels for our snowball contest
- We go outside if the windchill is 20. Students need boots to play in the snow and should have a warm coat, hat, and gloves.
:) Miss McPheron