In Reading, we are plugging away and we read quite a few books on our own this week. Next week is Right to Read Week, so we will be reading from our reading bags every day. You will notice on Tuesday when they come back that they are quite full right now, but I'll empty them out after Right to Read Week is over. Remember on Monday to wear a winter hat to kick off Spirit Week!
In Math, we started working on Geometry. In kindergarten, we need to be able to describe a shape as 2-D or 3-D and describe their attributes. We made charts for each 2-D shape this week and looked for examples of those shapes in our classroom.
Here are a couple squares.
In Science, we learned that sound is energy that travels as vibrations that we can hear. We used a drum with pom poms to see the vibrations.
We explored with different instruments and learned that sound can be changed by shaking or hitting harder.
A huge thank you for doing such an incredible job with the blizzard bags! We had a great response. A few of you need to do the gym assignment for Mrs. Karg, and you should have found a note in your folder today if you are one of those people.
- Right to Read Spirit Days - See your newsletter and hand out that came home.
- Wednesday, February 12 - Early Release 1:35
- Friday, February 14 - Yearbook Orders Due
- Friday, February 14 - Valentine's Day Party: Please send a decorated box for valentines day on Friday for our party! If you would like to bring cards, please make sure there is one for everyone. We have 22 students. To make it easy, don't individually address them, although I did send home a class list. It takes a while for the kids to pass them out and read the names.
- Monday, February 17 - No School, President's Day
- February 19 - Scholastic Book Orders Due
- February 20 - Spring Pictures