- The temperature needs to be 60 for children to not wear a coat at recess.
- If the windchill is above 20 we do go outside. Students need hats and gloves as well as a coat that zips.
- If there is snow on the ground, students need to have snow boots to be allowed off the blacktop.
In Math this week, we worked on using position words to describe. They did a tremendous job on this! You will find a quiz grade and a test grade on the parent portal. I will send those tests home early next week. We are going to start working on sort into categories next week. Keep working on those flash cards every night! They are getting more confident and more comfortable with their math facts.
In Social Studies, we learned about community helpers. We studied teachers, doctors, and police officers. We also did a group research project on firefighters. We read nonfiction books and answered 5 questions about firefighters. We used the computer to publish this paragraph, and then illustrated it. They are hanging in our hallway and will come home eventually.
Next week, we will be learning about goods and services.
In Reading, we are continuing to work on reading independently and understanding what we read. We are also working on spelling simple words. We learned how to write narratives last week, so we are working on writing stories with characters and action. Our reading and writing has come such a long way since August!
- Monday, March 17 - 8:30 AM Dress Rehearsal for spring program - parents and grandparents welcome! Students do not need to wear their dress clothes for dress rehearsals, but they should come to school wearing clean, nice clothes.
- Tuesday, March 18 - 8:30 AM Dress Rehearsal #2
- Tuesday, March 18 - 6:45 Spring Music Program - Students should report to our classroom by 6:45 wearing dress clothes (no jeans). After we perform, we will go back to our classroom for the remainder of the program. You can pick your child up there.
- Wednesday, March 19 - Early Release 1:35
- Thursday, March 20 - Book Orders Due
- Friday, March 21 - End of 3rd quarter