Math: We are working on base 10 with numbers 11-19. Students are learning that 12 is a group of 10 and 2 more. In Math centers on Friday, they worked 3 different ways building numbers. They used physical base 10 blocks to make numbers 1-49. In small groups with me, we used the same objects on the iPad to make different numbers. Some groups even worked on numbers in the 100s! They also played a game from ABCYa that you can find here if you want. We took a quiz on Friday, and you will see grades posted hopefully by the end of the weekend.
Reading: We worked on ch and sh this week. On Friday, we did an activity called scoot where they had to fill in missing chunks of 20 different words. I was very impressed, and they seem to be learning the chunks really well! Next week, we are working on long vowel pairs (ee, ea, ai, ay, oa).
Writing: We have been writing our opinions all year, but now we are working on supplying support for our opinions. On Friday, we wrote about a tool that we liked and gave 3 reasons. As the weeks go on, the students will be doing this independently.
Science: We worked on many different life cycles of animals this week and also started learning about what comes from eggs. Next week, we will do a little more work with animals that come from eggs and also learn about spring.
- The cut off for no coat is 60. We go outside at 11, which is before the high temperature is reached, so make sure your child has a light jacket.
- Students are beginning to run out of glue sticks. Ask your child if they need a new one and send it in their backpack.
- Thursday, April 17: Book Orders Due
- Friday, April 18: No School, Spring Break
- Monday, April 21: No School, Spring Break