Our butterflies emerged from their chrysalis on Monday, and we released them today. Only one of the butterflies cooperated with us and let us hold it, so only a couple kids got to hold it before it flew away.
We filled our warm fuzzy jar at the beginning of this week as well. We got to move our clips up on Monday and had a root beer float party today!
Friday is our kindergarten family picnic. I encourage you to come - some have asked, and yes, grandparents are welcome! As long as the weather cooperates, we will be outside on the lawn. If it doesn't, we will be in our classroom. You may want to bring a blanket in case the grass is still dewy. You will need to check in at the office when you come. Everyone needs to pack a lunch that day, even if your family is not able to come. If you cannot pack a lunch, please let me know by Thursday. We can get a packed lunch using your lunch account through the cafeteria.
- Friday, May 23 - Kindergarten Family Picnic - all students need to pack a lunch, and families are invited to join us for lunch at 10:45! If your child cannot bring a packed lunch, please let me know.
- Monday, May 26 - No School, Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 27 - Field Day, 12-2 - wear tennis shoes and sunscreen (students have to apply their own and may not share) - a hat may also be a good idea!
- Wednesday, May 28 - Walk to Harrison Smith Park - wear tennis shoes and sunscreen (students have to apply their own and may not share) - a hat may also be a good idea!
- Thursday, May 29 - Awards Program 8:30 - school awards in gym at 8:30 with additional Kindergarten Awards in classroom with cookies and punch
- Thursday, May 29 - Walk to Star Theater in the afternoon - wear tennis shoes
- Friday, May 30 - Last Day of School, Early Release 1:30 - PTO provides pizza for lunch, bring your own drink
We are going to learn about the ocean next week. Friday we will watch Finding Nemo as a wrap up for the ocean unit. We took a quiz on measuring in inches today. The grades are in the parent portal. You will start to see a lot of things come home in backpacks or folders. Please empty each night so there's not overflow. I'm sending home resources and things I've been saving this year for growth purposes.
If you have any questions, please let me know!
:) Miss McPheron