In Math, we are working with coins. So far, we have learned about pennies and nickels. We will start on dimes on Monday. They need to know the name of each coin and how much it is worth. We took a quiz on Friday. Grades will be posted on the parent portal by the end of the weekend.
This week, we will learn our last 3 sight words! We will have a total of 87. If your students knows all 87 words (without sounding them out and within 3 seconds for each word), they get their picture on our classroom door! Students need to know 85% of our sight words to get an S on their grade card - that's 74 words. I am so proud and impressed with how well they have met the challenge of knowing our sight words! It is definitely making them more confident and successful readers.
Monday, we are walking to Dominos Pizza for a field trip. They are donating pizza for lunch and a couple of you volunteered to send in enough juice pouches for the class - thanks! I can't wait to have pictures to share with you. The kids are so excited. We are walking in the morning, so students need good walking shoes - preferably tennis shoes. They will also need a jacket, the temperature looks like it will be in the mid 40s. There is a chance of rain, but as long as there is no lightning, we will still go!
- Monday, May 5 - Dominos Field Trip - wear tennis shoes to walk
- Tuesday, May 13 - Book Orders Due
- Friday, May 23 - Kindergarten Family Picnic - all students need to pack a lunch, and families are invited to join us for lunch at 10:45! If your child cannot bring a packed lunch, please let me know.
- Monday, May 26 - No School, Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 27 - Field Day, 12-2 - wear tennis shoes and sunscreen (students have to apply their own and may not share)
- Wednesday, May 28 - Walk to Harrison Smith Park - wear tennis shoes and sunscreen (students have to apply their own and may not share)
- Thursday, May 29 - Awards Program 8:30 - school awards in gym at 8:30 with additional Kindergarten Awards in classroom with cookies and punch
- Friday, May 30 - Last Day of School, Early Release 1:30 - PTO provides pizza for lunch, bring your own drink