Friday, August 22, 2014

First Week Success!

We finished our first week of kindergarten! We are working on learning routines and rules. Next week, we will be beginning our curriculum for Reading, Math, and Social Studies. I had such a great time getting to know your students this week.

Just a couple notes:
  • Keep up the good work with pick up - I will begin to recognize you and it will go faster. Please let me tell the students they may leave just so I can keep them all safe and make sure they get with the right person. 
  • Any lunch money needs to be in their orange folders in an envelope
  • Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns - if you email, I will definitely respond by the end of the day, but maybe not during school
  • It's hot in our classroom - dress them as cool as possible! 
  • If you ever need 2 copies of something (not student work, but newsletters, grade cards, etc) because of parenting situations, please let me know.
 We read Pete the Cat Rockin' In My School Shoes and took a tour of the school. We also made crowns to work on learning to use our supplies.





We also read The Kissing Hand and made raccoons that go with the character from the book.



Another book we read was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, which a lot of students were familiar with. We made a letter to go with the first letter of our names, and we will hang them in the hallway on a coconut tree once they dry.



Have a great weekend, I will see you Monday!
:) Miss McPheron


No comments:

Post a Comment