Friday, November 6, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up

Can you believe it's November? We had a short, busy week - so busy, I forgot to take pictures.

We learned about elections and got to vote a couple times - once for popcorn or chips as our favorite snack we tasted, and once for which book we liked better. We read Grace for President and Duck for President. Grace was the winner in our class!

We also learned about hibernation this week. We read the book Bear Snores On, which the kids thought was great! We read several nonfiction books as well to help us understand what kinds of animals may sleep through the winter.

We are working hard on reading and decoding words - I can't get over how much they're learning! When I think of where we started, it's hard not to notice their improvements.

In Math, we have been working on numbers bigger than 10. It made my teacher heart really happy today to hear them tell our volunteer that we are going to know our numbers all the way to 20! I love that they know our goals. We have been learning to recognize them and show them in different ways. Today we used different math tools to represent 15 on tens frames.



Next week, we will be talking about Veterans. I sent home a note encouraging you to send anything in from your family to celebrate veterans - I will be sharing photos of my family members who have served or are currently serving. We will also learn about turkeys to start thinking about Thanksgiving. If you have any questions, let me know!

:) Miss McPheron

No comments:

Post a Comment