Saturday, April 29, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up

We have finished the month of April! This year has gone so fast!
I was at kindergarten screening at the end of this week, and somehow managed to not take any pictures at the beginning of the week.

This month, my students have begun to ask great questions and make requests for what we read and learn about. I have been so impressed with how interested they have been! We studied habitats this week as an extension from Earth Day. We learned about marshes, forests, and deserts. We will finish their habitat journals next week and I will send them home.

In math, we finished time to the hour. The students did very well with this skill! We are working on coins now. This week we focused on pennies, and next week we will work with nickels and dimes. Students need to recognize the coins and be able to tell how much each is worth.

We are watching painted lady caterpillars grow and change! Yesterday, some started going into their chrysalis. By the end of the weekend, I imagine they all will! Next week, we will be learning about insects.

I sent home some dates for activities in May on the back of your newsletter yesterday. If you are unsure about anything, please ask so I can clarify! There's so much going on this month, I don't want you to miss out on anything you want to be a part of!

The food drive ends on Wednesday. If you completed your Chipotle Reading calendar, please return Monday. I will send home the coupons as soon as I get them organized!

Have a great weekend!
:) Mrs. Steinman

No comments:

Post a Comment